Saturday, June 2, 2012
Sad Memory
Sometimes it is nice to be alone with your thoughts .... and sometimes it isn't. Funny how watching a t.v. show can trigger a memory from your own past, or just remind you of a better time in your life. .. That happened to me this evening. It was a Walton's Mountain Marathon on t.v. today. I haven't been able to watch that show since my husband passed. I'm not sure how come I did this evening, but I just had the t.v. on and was working on the computer. Some of the shows were about Grandmaw Walton.. the actress had a stroke in real life, and she came back to the show afterwards. Everyone was treating her like an invalid and she just wanted to feel needed.. Something reminded me of my own mother, who passed away in 2008, and the tears just came .. and came .. and came. It happens like that sometimes.. when least expected, the tears just come. I miss you so much, Mama! .. You was such a wonderful mother and person. I will always miss you until I see you again in Heaven.. Your middle, most troublesome child, loves you and always will! ..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thats why i love that show so much, it takes me back to my childhood and how things use to be....good write and although sometimes painful we still have some special memories..
ReplyDelete